Water Bath Method Instructions
Water Bath is a method used to bake cheesecakes to lessen the likelihood of cracking from occuring. This method should be used especially for larger cheesecakes.
1. Wrap the sides and bottom of a springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil to prevent leakage while baking the cheesecake.
2. Place the cheesecake batter-filled springform pan into a larger 2" to 3" deep baking pan.
3. Place pan in a pre-heated oven. With a kettle filled with very hot water, half-fill the larger pan, approximately 1 1/2" to 2".
4. Bake cheesecake as directed. When cheesecake is done, turn off oven and remove springform pan from the water bath and run a knife or narrow spatula around the edge of the pan so the cheesecake can pull away freely from the pan as it cools. Carefully move the larger pan with water to the bottom rack. It will be very hot. Place cheesecake back onto middle rack. Close oven door. Allow cheesecake to remain in cooling oven for 30 - 60 minutes or until center is completely set. Discard water from larger pan after it has cooled.
5. When the cheesecake has cooled completely, place springform pan with aluminum foil still attached in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
6. Remove aluminium at the same time the sides and bottom of the springform pan are removed for serving or freezing.