Edison Illuminating Company
Greenfield Villages Edison Illumination Company, built in Greenfield Village in 1944, is a partial reconstruction, one-quarter size, of Station A, the first of the Edison Illuminating Companys early power plants in Detroit Station and one the first electric power plant in the city of Detroit. Station A served Detroit customers with safe and inexpensive direct current (DC) electrical power for homes and businesses from 1886 to 1900. Coal-burning boilers on the first floor provided power to steam engines which were connected to dynamos on the floor above.
|| | | | ||